Dental Implants – Raleigh, NC
Replacement Teeth That Look, Function, & Feel Natural
The American Academy of Prosthodontists estimates that 178 million people are missing at least one tooth, while nearly 40 million are missing all of their teeth. At Dalton Hunt Dentistry, we can enhance your prosthetics by supporting them with dental implants in Raleigh. This versatile, modern treatment can help patients with one, several, or an entire row of missing teeth restore the complete function and appearance of their natural smile. Learn whether you are a candidate by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Hunt today!
Why Choose Dalton Hunt Dentistry for Dental Implants?
- Start-to-Finish Dental Implant Treatment
- Compassionate & Kind Dental Team
- Precise Planning with Our Cone Beam CT Scanner
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small screw-like posts that we can surgically insert into the jawbone to replace the missing roots of teeth. They’re made from a biocompatible metal, titanium, that is able to naturally fuse with the jawbone through osseointegration after they are surgically placed.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
- Consultation: The first step in every dental implant journey is a consultation with Dr. Hunt. During this visit, she will ask you about your goals and complete a thorough examination of your mouth to determine whether you will be a good candidate for the procedure. Then, she will put together a treatment plan so you know what the process will look like.
- Implant Placement: Our team can complete the dental implant placement surgery in the office, allowing you to stick with the same team throughout the entire process.
- Osseointegration & Abutment Attachment: After your surgical procedure, you will undergo a healing period where osseointegration will occur, which is when the implants fuse with the jawbone. Following this, our team will call you back into the office so we can secure small metal connector pieces, called abutments, to the top of your implants.
- Securing the Final Restorations: Once your replacement teeth have been crafted, the final step will be to attach them to your dental implants and complete your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
One of the reasons why dental implants in Raleigh are so popular among patients is because they offer a wide range of benefits that allow patients to feel like they have their natural smile back. This includes restorations that will never slip or shift, up to 80 percent restored original bite force, and replacement teeth that both look and feel realistic. They also provide long-term health benefits, as being fused with the jawbone allows them to prevent it from deteriorating with time.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
Dental implants are an excellent tooth replacement solution for many patients, as they are able to fill gaps left by one, several, or an entire row of missing teeth. At your consultation, Dr. Hunt and our team will help determine whether your situation is a good fit for this treatment. It is important that you have a healthy smile and adequate jawbone to support the implants, but if you do not currently possess these traits, we can help you get there with preliminary treatments.
Missing One Tooth
For a single missing tooth, Dr. Hunt can secure one dental implant in the gap within the smile below the gumline. Once it has healed and fused with the jawbone, our team can secure a free-standing dental crown to it, completing your arch.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Instead of needing to alter your surrounding teeth to support a traditional dental bridge, we can secure the restoration to two dental implants placed at either side of the gap in your arch. These will secure the bridge in place, filling that space left between two or more consecutive missing teeth.
Missing All of Your Teeth
Instead of investing in traditional dentures that can slip and shift within the mouth when you eat or speak, you can get implant dentures. This treatment involves securing your prosthetic to anywhere between four and eight dental implants below the gumline.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Every dental implant treatment that we complete here at Dalton Hunt Dentistry is custom-tailored to meet patients’ unique needs. For that reason, there is no singular price tag attached to this service. This is largely due to your individual needs. For example, one patient may not require preliminary procedures and need to restore an entire arch of teeth, while another may need a bone graft and only to replace one tooth. That is why, at your consultation, our team will provide you with a detailed cost estimate, along with your payment options, so you know what to expect financially moving forward.